Curlis Phillip is a Senior Marketing Manager at AT&T. You can find more blog content from Curlis and other experts on mobility on the AT&T Networking Exchange Blog. AT&T has sponsored the following blog post.
Small business (SMB) owners face several challenges including attracting new customers, improving cash flow, retaining customers, automating business processes and increasing employee productivity. Mobile applications can help SMBs address these challenges and provide tremendous value.
According to an eVoice survey, seventy-one percent of small business owners have reported becoming more mobile over the past two years. Mobile applications are helping small businesses to save time, improve business operations, be more responsive to customers, and increase sales and profitability.
SMBs are jumping on the mobile apps bandwagon, however; finding the right apps can become a daunting task with more than a million apps available across Android, BlackBerry and iPhone. Here are 10 mobile applications you should check out that can help enhance your worker productivity, improve the way you do business and drive revenue growth.
1. OfficeTime is a time and expense tracking app that allows small business workers and freelancers to keep track of billable time while on the go. It wirelessly syncs with your PC or MAC, making invoicing a breeze. Mobile platform: iOS
2. GoPayment allows small businesses to accept credit and debit card payments from virtually anywhere, anytime, including job sites and industry events. Why limit your business to being cash-based? With the GoPayment app you can increase revenue and attract new customers without the cost and infrastructure associated with a traditional merchant account. Mobile platform: Android and iOS
3. ScanR turns your mobile phone into a document scanner. It allows users to capture information from paper documents and whiteboards and convert it into a properly formatted PDF that can be stored online, emailed or faxed. Mobile platform: , Android, BlackBerry, iOS and Symbian
4. AT&T Connect® app enables collaboration with colleagues, customers, and suppliers from almost anywhere regardless of the device. The AT&T Connect app provides a quick method for responding to a business crisis from the road via audio call, web, or video conference. Mobile platform: Android, BlackBerry, iOS
5. Bump lets users tap their smartphones together to quickly transfer contact information, calendar info, and photos. You can also swap social media profiles including Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. Bump recently introduced Bump Pay – an app that uses PayPal to process payments. Mobile platform: Android and iOS
6. Primadesk help users search, view, manage and backup all their cloud-based content using a single interface regardless of what device is used. Primadesk supports over 25web-based applications including Dropbox, Google docs, Flickr, Facebook and more. Mobile platform: iOS and Android
7. eSecure is a mobile alarm monitoring app that allows users to remotely arm or disarm their security system while they are away from their office or retail store. Mobile platform: Android, BlackBerry and iOS
8. Mobify converts existing websites into a version optimized for mobile devices. It even integrates existing marketing including email, search, social media and analytics. Don’t have a website? Try MoFuse. MoFuse is a DIY service that allows you to create and manage a mobile website from scratch – no programming or coding skills required. Mobile platform: Android, BlackBerry, iOS, Symbian; Windows 7
9. SOS Online Back-up app for mobile devices protects your mobile documents in the event of theft or device failure. It allows users to access and share using a web-enabled mobile device from virtually anywhere. Back-up capabilities vary by OS platform. Mobile platform: Android, iOS
10. Abukai allow you to keep track of your expense report while traveling. The process is very simple – take a picture of your receipt with your smartphone, submit it, and you will receive your expense report via email with a PDF of your receipt images. Mobile Platforms: Android, iOS, BlackBerry
What mobile apps do you find indispensable when you’re on the road? What about when you’re in the office? Share with us your favorite apps and we’ll be on the lookout for them. Please leave your comments below.