While we wait to find out what Google phone (or phones!) are going to be the next Nexus phones, possibly an alternate version of the LG Optimus G smartphone running a new version of Google’s Android OS, pre-orders for the actual, existing Optimus G are already starting on AT&T.
What is the Optimus G?
The new high-end smartphone from Korean smartphone giant LG, the Optimus G is a totally loaded smartphone featuring some of the highest end specs available today. The phone includes Qualcomm’s 1.5 GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon S4, 2GB RAM, and 32GB of storage memory (expandable up to an insane 80GB with a micro SD card).
There are a few standout features of this new phone, detailed below.
1. The Camera
The one big area EVERYONE is competing on this year is the camera. The Optimus LG has some exciting camera features including:
· Zero shutter lag,
· Live Shot, to capture simultaneous video and still images, and
· Time Catch Shot, which takes the perfect shot even if the shutter was pressed at the wrong time.
2. Innovative LG Features
LG has added a lot to Google’s Android OS to customize the Optimus G experience. A few of the top LG innovations include:
· QSlide – allows users to text or browse the web all without navigating away from the video they are watching.
· QuickMemo – allows users to write, draw, or jot a memo directly on any captured screen for sharing instantly with others as an attachment or a URL.
· Dual Screen Dual Play – shares content with other electronic devices, such as televisions and computers, freeing up the on-device display for other activities, like browsing the web.
Excited about the Optimus G? You can pre-order it from AT&T now, for only $199.