On HLN Weekend Express, I recently took a look at some of the best apps for road trips and travel with the fam. Check the video above, or my detailed notes below to find out more about the apps I discussed!
WHAT TO DO WITH FIDO WHILE ON THE LONG TRIP?
Dog Park Finder Plus – For Apple devices – $1.99
This is totally necessary when traveling with the family pet.
· Over 6,600 dog parks and beaches that allow dogs.
· 12,000 dog friendly restaurants (in North America only)
· Provides maps to the parks. Just plug in the zip code of where you need one and the app will find the closest to you.
· Gives great details about each dog park (fenced, bathrooms, small dog areas, hiking, etc.)
· Also includes a rating scale for each park as well as reviews.
NEED A LAST MINUTE ROOM?
Hotel Tonight – Apple and Android devices – FREE
Book a room at the last minute for up to 70% off!
· Great for families who are traveling on long road trips and might need a break along the way.
NEED TO CONNECT IN A HURRY?
Free WiFi Finder – For Apple and Android devices – FREE
Helps you locate free or paid hotspots around the world.
Scan for Wi-Fi hotspots around you
• Search for public Wi-Fi anywhere in the world
• View Wi-Fi hotspot detail, call location, get directions or share the hotspot
• Filter results by location (cafe, hotel, etc.) or provider type
• Works both online and offline
• Now available for both phones and tablets
NEED TO OCCUPY AND EDUCATE THE KIDS?
Stack The States – For Apple – Price $.99
· Has been voted “Best Kids App For iPad”—Best App Ever Awards
· Voted “Best Educational Game App”—iEAR.org
· Makes learning about he states so much fun!
· Learn about capitals, state shapes, bordering states, locations on the map, flags, and more all while having fun!
· Carefully stack the states to reach the checkered line to win each level.
· Asks hundreds of interesting questions. You earn a random state for every completed level. As you win each state they appear on your personal map. Try to collect all 50.
· Opportunity to unlock bonus games along the way
· Great for about ages 8 and up
And when you finally arrive at your destination, UNPLUG!!!!!!!! JUMP OFF THE GRID WITH BOTH FEET! TURN OFF ALL ELECTRONICS FOR THE REST OF THE TRIP AND TUNE INTO TO YOUR LIFE AND YOUR FAMILY!!!!